Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Brittany Came to Visit!!

One of my best friends from Clemson, Brittany, came to visit me for my first weekend in the big city. We had such a great time. I was so sad for her to leave Sunday. Saturday she was dying for frozen yogurt from forty carrot at the top of Bloomingdales. I hadn't even had time to go to the 59th street area yet, so I was very excited to see the 9 floor Bloomingdales! We split a sandwich, so we would have more room for dessert! Then we went across the street to Dylan’s Candy Bar!!! For those of you that watch Gossip Girl, this is where Rufus bought all that candy for the trick or treaters on last weeks episode! I have thought about that place every day since we went. I want to buy everything in there. After exploring the 59th street area we headed downtown to Union Square, my favorite part of NYC so far, to get our Halloween costumes. We decided to be rock stars and found everything we needed from Forever21, which was ridiculously packed. We had to wait in a 20 minute line just for a dressing room. Brittany has lots of friends from high school living here so we went out in Soho with all of them for Halloween. We first went to her friend Sammy's apartment, where Leighton Meester use to live!! I wish I would have taken more pictures. People were so dressed up in the strangest costumes! Sunday we watched the New York Marathon. We walked all the way from my apartment on 85th street to 31st street, where the bus picked her up. We stopped a few times to do some shopping! I can’t wait for Brittany to come back!!

Restaurant in Bloomingdales where we ate lunch

Our delicious vegetable sandwich

Frozen yogurt we got 2 days in row. Day 1, Brittany got plain yogurt with granola and blueberries and I got Butter Pecan and Chocolate. Day 2, Brittany got (I can't remember but something similar to day 1) and I got chocolate with oreos!

Dylan's Candy Bar
Brittany and employee


These are favorite candy of celebrities and their signatures. I only took pictures of my favorites that we could find.

Penn Badgley and Blake Lively

Rachel Bilson

Mary Kate and Ashley

Brittany and me as Rock Stars. I promise my stomach was not out all night. I don't know why it looks this way in the picture.

Brittany and a few of her friends

Shoes that made the costume. Brittany wore ones with gold sequins all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment